Backstage: A Theatre Appreciation Workshop
Workshop, 6 hrs
- Sat, 25-Jan-2020
- 09:30 AM
- Sun, 26-Jan-2020
- 09:30 AM
Royal Opera House, Mumbai and Avid Learning present an insightful two-day workshop led by Playwright, Screenwriter, Film-Maker and Stage Director Mahesh Dattani, which will focus on building an appreciation for aspects of Theatre through understanding the various distinctive processes like Writing, Directing, Acting and Producing. This workshop will also feature a number of professionals from the dramatic fraternity who will instruct and share insights on their specific area of expertise. To close the workshop on a high note- participants will have exclusive access to the workings of a live production that is being put up on the Opera House stage that very evening!
· Writing techniques for the stage
· Rhythm, tempo and tension
· Decoding Dramaturgy
· An actor's instrument and the prerequisites for a good stage actor
· Mise-en-scene: crafting worlds onstage
· Taking care of Business: Post-production, theatre administration and Marketing
· Exclusive backstage access to a live play production at the venue
Join us to expand your understanding and enjoyment of the theatrical arts, by immersing yourself into the field’s critical, aesthetic, and practical aspects!