Appreciating Sound : A Masterclass on Music Through Creative Collaboration with International Experts
Workshop, 6 hours
Appreciating Sound Through Creative Collaboration, a hands-on and experiential musical workshop facilitated by Opera and Jazz Singer, Sandeep Gurrapadi, along with Soprano, Educator and Director, Art Song Festival, Nina Kanter.
Explore a range of music making practices for devised theatre and ensemble music; reimagined for enthusiasts and established music practitioners in a laboratory environment. The workshop will focus on different performative and musical elements: experimental ensemble and singing/chorus work, collaborative composition, voice in space, soundscape and narrative building. The masterclass is designed to facilitate participants to take an active role in co-creation and to culminate in a short devised musical ‘scene’ which will be collaboratively created in the space.
- Gain a broad historical overview of voice / sound production from a Western classical perspective.
- Understand the acoustic environment as perceived by humans, mediated through both natural and artificial sound sources.
- How to shape sounds and noises into building narrative inorder to create real and imagined spaces not only in audio genres but also in everyday storytelling.
- Learn the dynamics of ensemble sound creation.
- An experience of collaborative composition and devising a new piece of 'music theatre' with fellow participants.
Join us at for an immersive musical experience.